• Don't forget to join Alice and Judith as they present "An Abridged History of Spinning and Knitting" on Wednesday, July 22, Noon-1pm at the Janesville Performing Arts Center, 408 S. Main, Janesville, as part of the Brown Bag Lunch Series. Enjoy your lunch while you listen to lectures and see demonstrations of a huge variety of topics on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.
• Open House Farm Days at Trillium Springs Farm where you'll enjoy visiting with Suri Alpacas. The new farm gift store gallery will feature handspun yarns, super soft rovings, raw fleece, hand knit items and other alpaca apparel. You'll also find fine art, photography, soaps, jellies, honey, furniture, pottery, felted hats and much more. Spinning demonstrations and refreshments will be available on July 24, 25 and 26 from 9am to dusk. Follow Hwy. 80 From Richland Center to I, right to Co. Hwy. II. Trillium Springs Farm will be the 3rd farm on your left at 27296 Cty. Hwy II, Cazenovia). If you'd like to call ahead: 608.647.9836.
• Last chance to be part of Stitch 'n Pitch at Miller Park in Milwaukee on July 29th. Contact for your tickets and join in the fun of stitching while enjoying the Brewers playing the Washington Nationals at 7:05. Seats are located in the Loge Outfield Box section along the Right Field Line near sections 209-210. Call 414.902.4263 for advance tickets or visit brewers.com/stitch.
• SnB, in conjunction with Project Linus, is now working with the Rock Communities Youth Network Alternative Service Program to teach skills and provide community service opportunity for juvenile offenders.
• Field trips are now being planned. If you'd like to join us visiting area wool festivals and fall farm events, please contact us and we'll make sure there's room in the car for you!
• Visit and shop SnB at Basics as we participate with Arts Loop on August 2. Artists will be scattered at five locations on Janesville's North side. The event is free and participants include potters, painters, soap makers, photographers and fiber artists. See more information at: http://gazettextra.com/news/2009/jul/16/alternative-art-fair-planned-fill-tallman-hole/
• Come shop at our vendor space at the Janesville Farmer's Market in August on the 8th and 22nd!
• Watch for "Painting with Wool" - a 2-session workshop coming soon at Ravens Wish Gallery, 2871 Liberty Lane, Janesville, WI (608.757.2622)